Hotmail is one of the most important web-based email service on the Internet, being one of the first and one of the most recognized by all the users of the world. The same is totally free so you should not pay a single weight, maybe in some corner not very visible receive some kind of corporate advertising many times of his company that today owns Microsoft.
Hotmail was growing every year, incorporating more and more new functions. Its transformation was taking place as new technologies arrived, which is why Microsoft decided to make a major change in its web-based email services, which began by changing the name of the webmail by Outlook.com.
- First you have just changed your domain from Hotmail.com to Outlook.com, which does not mean that you will lose your Hotmail account, but you can continue using it and registering new accounts with @ outlook.com and @ hotmail.com if available your choice.
- Regarding the interface has improved considerably, being a much cleaner and above all intuitive and fast image. All its environment is adapted to the new technology of Internet and you can also download the application for your mobile phone and synchronize your emails.
- Another of the items that Microsoft was aware of in this change was to give greater importance to the security of users’ emails. It has reduced almost perfectly the problems of spam being very effective and has added as an extra security option, the verification in two steps, which you can expand on the note to make in this blog about it.
- It has also incorporated many free tools and services such as access to Office Online (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Note and Sway), being able to create, open and edit any document. It gives us 5GB of cloud storage through One Drive. It adds the administration service of Contacts and a Calendar with alarms. All this services can be synchronized with our mobile phone with Windows Phone operating system.
- We can not forget to forget one of the latest updates that allows us to run without needing to install any software known Skype, is a chat that stands out for video calls, and is another of the acquisitions that Microsoft had in the last years.
If you have not yet registered an Outlook account, do not waste any more time and go to the address www.outlook.com, and then click on the “Create One” link to begin the process of creating an Outlook account. And if you already have your Hotmail account, you can log in without any problem from the main page of Outlook with your email address and password of access.