Hotmail is undoubtedly one of the best webmail services, Microsoft has taken very into account security in its email service is getting better. In its last update where Hotmail happened to be called Outlook and had a great change of interface and adds many services and tools.
Using Secure Passwords
This is one of the most important options in the security of your email, so you must use strong and secure passwords to prevent them from deciphering or guessing your password with some hacking software.
Secure password features
- Microsoft believes that a secure password is one that contains between 7 and 16 characters, does not include common words or names, and combines uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols.
- You also have the option to use a random password generator, but it is not the most recommended forms because they are difficult to remember.
- Do not use a single word for your password.
- No personal information: no names, date of birth or identity documents.
- No repeated words or word sequences.
- No word extracted from dictionaries.
If you already have your Hotmail / Outlook account and you want to change the password, you must enter the inbox and click on the profile image in the upper right of the screen and we will see a menu in which we choose the options “View Account” and then “Change Password”, we follow the required procedures and place a new and secure password.
Hotmail Two-Step Verification System
Being one of the main webmail of the Internet, I could not stop having this function, that at the moment of login requires a complementary code next to the traditional access of a single password.
Once activated it is very simple how it works: it sends a sms with a series of numbers that will request the system of electronic mail to him after entering the password.
Or that every time you access the account from a mobile device or computer not known, the system will request this special code. The code generated by the two-step Hotmail system have a validity time of a few seconds.
If you did not understand something, you can leave us your doubts in the comments and we will answer you as soon as possible.If you do not have a Hotmail account you can follow the steps in this post Create Hotmail Account.